Table of Contents
What is Guided Access?
Guided Access on the iPhone and iPad is a mode of operation, the script of which is able to set restrictions for using only one application, as well as limit the possibilities of actions in a specific iOS application. Guide-access mode appeared in iOS 6 and was introduced in 2012 at the WWDC presentation.
Why do you Need Guided Access on the iPhone and iPad
What is the “Guided Access” mode on the iPhone for:
- Limit the ability to use a phone or tablet for a stranger;
- Limit the operation of the device when used by a child.
How the guide-access feature works on the iPhone or iPad:
- Provides restriction of use on an iOS device in one application for a certain time;
- Deactivates certain areas of the iPhone screen so that in case of random gestures in the application, do not change the usage scenario;
- Deactivates the hardware buttons on the iOS device.
Read more: How to Enable Spelling on iPhone and iPad?
How to Set Up the Guide Access on the iPhone or iPad
To activate this mode as a guide access on iOS devices, you must perform the following steps:
- Open the Settings;
- Go to General;
- Then find Accessibility;
- In the Learning section, go to the “Guided Access” item and drag the slider to active mode;
- Then additional items will open that need to be set: “Code Settings” (in which you need to set a password (and do not forget it);
- Activate Touch ID.
How to Disable the Guide Access on the iPhone or iPad
There are two scenarios for turning off guide-access on an Apple phone or tablet. If you activated the TouchID use slider when you first set up this feature, you need to do the following to disable the “restrictive session”:
- Click on the “Home” button;
- Then scan the Touch ID print;
If you didn’t set to use TouchID to disable the guide access, you need to do the following:
- 3 times click on the button “Home”.
- Then enter the password that you set when you set up the “Guided Access”.
A useful mode that is often neglected by many, or unaware of it at all. If with friends or other people this mode may not be very convenient to use, but for kids, this mode will be indispensable.