If nostalgia caught up with you and wanted to remember the times when the grass was greener, the sun was brighter and Windows was on the computer, then it’s time to put the FoolSaver screensaver for Mac, which offers several screensaver options for the displayed macOS while waiting.
In this article you will find step by step instructions on how to install a screensaver with the Windows system logo on your Mac.
FoolSaver contains a set of screen savers from Windows XP Profession, Windows XP Home, Windows Vista, Windows XP Media Center Edition and Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. All of them will be displayed in exactly the same form as on the Windows PC.
Read more: How to Format USB for macOS and Windows?
Attention! Screensaver FoolSaver works only with OS X 10.7 and more recent firmware versions:
- Download the .saver file from Kainjow.com;
- Unzip the downloaded ZIP archive;
- Double-click on the “FoolSaver.saver” file and in the settings pop-up window, select for how many accounts you want to give access to the splash screen and click the “Install” button;
- The “Desktop and Screen saver” settings section will open (if not, go to menu -> System settings …). In the left side menu, scroll down the list and activate “FoolSaver”;
- In the settings screensaver, you can choose a screensaver from almost any interesting version of Windows.
It’s nice that there are different tricks that allow you to integrate the possibilities from one system to another, albeit comic and not quite functional, but for the sake of it you can use it if necessary.