It is possible for you to log into your Mac with the Apple ID and sync your data. They include iMessages as well. With this option, you will be able to sync all your messages in the iPhone or iPad with the Mac. You just need to use the same apple ID.
However, many users say that they came across issues when they were trying to sync iMessage in between Mac and iPhone/iPad. If you have come across a similar situation, you are encouraged to keep on reading this article. We will assist you to find a solution for the issue that you are going through.
How to fix iMessage not syncing between a Mac and iPhone/iPad – Part 1
As the first thing, you should follow the below mentioned steps in your iOS device.
1. You need to access Settings on your iOS device and then tap on Messages.
2. Enable iMessage, you will see the message: “Waiting for activation”. Wait a couple of seconds.
4. Enter point “Send & Receive”. Choose your preferred number to start chatting, it can be an apple id(email address) or your phone number and choose your preferred number to start chatting.
5. Go to iCloud and enable Messages.
How to fix iMessage not syncing between a Mac and iPhone/iPad – Part 2
You need to follow the below mentioned steps on your Mac to get the job done.
1. At first! You need to make sure that the Apple ID that you have used for Messages in the Mac is same as the Apple ID that you have used in your iOS device.
2. You should first open Messages on your Mac. Then you can access the Menu and then select “Preferences” (You can use “cmd + ,” keyboard shortcuts).
3. Go to the iMessage tab.
4. You should also make sure that the option “Enable this account” is checked for your Apple ID. In addition, you need to make sure that you can be reached through the same email address and the phone number that you have configured in your iOS device.
5. Check option “Enable Messages in iCloud” and push the button “Sync Now”.
You can also double check and make sure that your Apple ID is the same as the mobile number. Then you will be able to overcome this issue.
- You need to visit https://appleid.apple.com/ and then sign in with your Apple ID.
- Now you have to navigate to the section named “Phone Numbers”. From there, you need to make sure that you have a mobile number assigned under the section called “Mobile Phone”. If you don’t see a mobile phone number, you will have to enter your number and then save it.
Now you can send a message again and see if it is syncing in between the two devices.