It’s no secret that AirPods work great together with the iPhone. One has only to get the headphones from the company case, as they automatically connect to the smartphone. Very convenient, isn’t it? But when it comes to pairing with Mac computers, things are a bit different.
In this article, I will describe in detail how to connect AirPods to your Mac.
Table of Contents
Could I Connect AirPods to MacBook or iMac?
To use the new AirPods with a Mac, MacOS 10.14.4 or later must be installed on it. To make sure that your computer has the latest version of the software by following these steps:
- Select “About This Mac” by clicking on the Apple main menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen;
- Click Software Update in the window that appears;
- Click the Update button to download and to be installed, if your Mac finds that an update is available.
Read more: How to Check AirPods Battery?
How to Connect AirPods to MacBook or iMac?
If you previously set up your AirPods on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and also logged into iCloud with a similar Apple ID, then you do not need to do any additional actions – the headphones should already be ready for use. In this case, you need to do next:
- Put your AirPods in your ears;
- Go to System Preferences -> Bluetooth;
- Select AirPods from the drop-down list;
- Click Connect.
How to Pair AirPods with MacBook or iMac?
If AirPods are not displayed in the Bluetooth menu bar, you must first manually connect from the computer:
- Open System Preferences -> Bluetooth
- Put the AirPods inside headphones case;
- Close and opening it’s top cover;
- Hold the button on the headphone case until the indicator starts flashing white;
- Turn on Bluetooth;
- Select your AirPods in the list of Bluetooth devices on your Mac;
- Click Connect.
The next time you want to use your headphones with your Mac, just put them in your ears to airpods connect to your Mac.