Google entertains its users as best they can – including using the news aggregator built into Chrome and a search application. This aggregator displays publications on topics of interest to you, but, unfortunately, “Google Articles for You” does not check the accuracy of the sources.
In the Chrome mobile browser, at startup and an empty tab in the “Articles for You” section, a listing of news on various topics is displayed: from politics and entertainment, to science and technology.
Google automatically selects recommendations for the “Articles for You” block based on:
- Interests and age of the user (user account data);
- Based on the user’s preferences;
- Frequency of publications on resources.
Suggested Articles in Chrome Browser
As a rule, these articles are of little use and you may have noticed that some site constantly publishes click bait and fakes. You can disable this feature and stop receiving news that is published in this feed.
Read more: How to Delete Specific Cookies Chrome?
In this article, we will tell you how to remove the Chrome suggested articles on iOS devices.
Remove Suggested Articles in Chrome Browser
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your iOS device;
- To open the menu, click on the three gray dots at the bottom of the screen to the right;
- Click Settings;
- Disable by clicking on the “Suggested articles” switch;
- Congratulations! You have disabled the download and display of the feed.
Now your Google Chrome browser on iOS will open and work faster.