In iOS, it became possible to turn AirPods into a hearing aid analogue by simply activating several system add-ons. How to do it, and why this function can be useful not only for people with hearing impairments.
How Live Listen Works?
You activate the Hearing function on your Apple smartphone, and then put it next to the sound source and listen to what they say through AirPods.
Read more: How to Fix AirPods Keep Disconnecting?
It is very convenient if you have hearing problems, or you are, for example, at a lecture away from the teacher. At least for this purpose, the function was developed at Apple.
How to Enable Live Listen for AirPods?
To activate AirPods live listening, you must do the following steps:
- Go to Settings -> Control Centre;
- Choose Customise Control;
- In the tab Customise Control find the “Hearing” button and add it to the list by pressing the “+” key;
- Now connect your AirPods to the iPhone or iPad;
- Go to the “Control Center” by swiping down from the upper right part of the screen and click on the ear icon;
- Set the desired volume and use.
Read more: How to Check AirPods Battery?
Live listening mode can work even when playing other soundtracks. In this case, the sound will switch from stereo to mono to enable the live listening function. In addition, in this state, AirPods will not respond to control gestures, and all manipulations with playback and volume will need to be performed on the head unit.