Do you have a new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro and want to transfer data from your old iPhone? Apple offers several ways to transfer data from an old iPhone, and the whole process is also relatively simple.
What you Need to Know About iPhone Migration?
- Your old iPhone should be running iOS 12.4 or higher;
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices;
- While the process can be carried out wirelessly, you can also use a Lightning cable with the appropriate adapter to transfer data over a wired connection;
- You will have to use the same Apple ID on your new iPhone as your old iPhone;
- Depending on the amount of data transferred, the whole process may take an hour or two;
- In addition to transferring your data, you also have the opportunity to transfer the settings of your system;
- All applications will be downloaded from the App Store, so you will need an active Internet connection during the process.
IPhone Migration Feature Instructions
- Turn on the new iPhone and put it nearby to the old one on which iOS 12.4 or later is installed;
- On the current iPhone, the Quick Start screen will open, where you will be asked to use the Apple ID to configure the new device;
- Make sure that this is the same Apple ID that you want to use, and click Continue;
- If the Continue button does not appear on the current device (or iPhone “Quick Start” not working at all), make sure Bluetooth is turned on;
- Wait for the animation on the screen of the new iPhone;
- Hold the current iPhone over the new one so that the animation is in the center of the viewfinder;
- Wait until the message “Completion on the new iPhone” is displayed;
- If it is not possible to use the camera of the current iPhone, click “Authentication manually” and follow the instructions on the screen;
- When a request appears asking you to enter the password code for the old one on the new iPhone, do it;
- Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new iPhone;
- To start transferring data from the old iPhone to the new one, click the “Transfer from iPhone” button. If you are using a cable connection, the transfer icon indicates that the devices are connected. You can also choose whether to transfer from the old iPhone to the new some settings, such as Apple Pay and Siri;
- Before completing the data migration process, both iPhones must be nearby and connected to a power source.
Note: The duration of the transfer depends on factors such as the type of connection used, network conditions and the amount of data transferred.
Now you can use your new shiny iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11. After the data is restored, you can turn on your old iPhone and delete all content and settings.
It is advisable that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and connected to a power source until data from iCloud is downloaded to your device. Data is downloaded automatically from iCloud in the background.