One of the most common stumbling blocks for newbies who bought an iPhone is to transfer contacts from computer without iTunes.
The complexity of this procedure is imposed by two main factors:
- Discrepancy of SIM-card sizes;
- Apple’s manic desire to force the user to look at the world differently (including in the implementation of this seemingly primitive operation).
There are hundreds of websites on the Internet with dozens of ways to solve the problem of importing contacts. From primitive – non-working, to perversely – complex. I will analyze the simplest and most effective ways to transfer contacts to the iPhone from various devices, as well as to synchronize the contact book from the cloud storage.
Read more: How to Back Up Contacts on iPhone or iPad?
Transfer Contacts from a VCard to iPhone
In my opinion, this is the best way to restore contacts if you do not have access to iTunes. Moreover, the .vcf file from any contact manager of both iOS and Google services.
Here’s what you need to do:
- It should be on the computer where your contacts are stored to create with the attachment in the form of VCard which can be created using the function “Export” in Contacts application.
- Send the Vcard (.vcf) to yourself via Email or iCloud drive;
- Now from the iPhone go to the Mail application;
- In the received letter we open the .vcf file and click “Ready”;
- If you share .vcf file with iCloud drive just “Save” it from iCloud drive and open it.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
Whose Android contacts are synchronized with Google – in this case, all we need to transfer them is to remember the login and password of your account, which you will need to enter in the iPhone settings.
In order to transfer contacts, go to the Settings of the iPhone, select “Mail, addresses, calendars”, then – “Add a Google Account”.
So we looked at the most simple and at the same time effective ways to transfer contacts to the iPhone. I hope everything worked out right the first time and without any problems. If not, write in the comments, we will understand together.