Spam on the iCloud Calendar on the iPhone has recently begun to annoy users of Apple devices. This type of sending unwanted messages and events can be called relatively new and at the same time quite “smart”. It does not concern everyone it depends on the model of your iPhone, iPad and the use of iCloud Calendar, but there are enough dissatisfied ones. If you want to block calendar invites on your iphone, I’ll tell you what needs to be done.
Calendar Spam Invitations
Spam on the Calendar is now actively traded by the Chinese. They find email addresses connected to iCloud over the Internet and start sending invitations, hoping that you will receive a notification on your iPhone or iPad. As soon as you accept the invitation, your Calendar will immediately be filled with many unnecessary events related to the promotion of various products.
Read more: How to Create a New iCloud Email Address?
If you decline the invitation, you confirm your email address and that you noticed a message from the spammer. After this newsletter you will receive much more often. As you can see, neither one nor the other option suits us. Fortunately, there is a way to turn off spam in the Calendar and delete the events to which you have accepted invitations.
How to Block Calendar Invites?
- Open a web browser on your computer and launch iCloud.com.
- Using your Apple ID and password, go through the authentication process.
- Next, open the Calendar tab.
- In the Calendar application, find the gear icon – Settings section. It is located in the lower left corner.
- In Settings, you need to open the Advanced tab.
- In the lower section of the Invitation, you need to select the second option “Receive event invitations as e-mail messages for …” instead of the built-in messages.
Please note that this action does not completely disable spam, but now you will not receive invitations through the Calendar application on your iOS device. Instead, they will be sent to your inbox, from where you can easily delete from, thereby not sending spammers notifications of confirmation of their email address.