Nobody likes the sudden, unexpected noise when watching. But, unfortunately, on the Internet, it is quite common. Fortunately, internet browser developers have developed some simple ways to block such annoying tabs.
Table of Contents
Disable Autoplay in Chrome
Below we will look at how to make your stay on the Internet quiet so that your browser does not compete with your media player, or it does not become obvious that you are browsing websites at work.
If you rummage around on the Internet, you can come across a large number of recommendations on the correction of “autoplay policy” in chrome://flags, forget it does not work anymore, apparently the developers have removed this experimental function because it reduces the number of users involved in the advertising content of the company.
But don’t worry, in this article I’ll show you how to get rid of annoying video playback and advertising audio content in a similar way.
Read more: How to Delete Specific Cookies Chrome?
Immediately make a reservation that this method does not completely exclude the reproduction of content, how much will turn off the playback sound.
Stop Video Autoplay Chrome via Muting Tab
If you want to disable a particular site (for example, annoying videos with automatic playback), you can right-click on the site tab, select “Mute on tab” and forget about it forever.
Turning Off Autoplay via Site’s Sound Block in Chrome
But we are not looking for easy ways, are we? The first method, in my opinion, is not very effective. The second will be much more effective:
- Click the Settings (three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen) and select the “Settings” tab;
- Click the Advanced link at the bottom of the screen;
- Open “Privacy and Security” section;
- Click “Site Settings”;
- Select the Sound tab;
- The default value “Allow sites to play sounds (recommended)” allows you to play sound from any site on the Internet, regardless of whether you visited this site or not. To prohibit this, simply click on the switch, and the value will change to “Turn off sounds on sites”;
- No more sounds will be played. If you do not want to completely turn off all sound, you can add exclusion sites from this rule by clicking the “Add” button next to the “Allow” section.
Now, when you visit such a site or open a new tab by reference, all audio and video files with automatic playback will be disabled. Enjoy the silence.