YouTube video hosting is a resource where you can find content for every taste: educational, musical, humorous, etc. However, YouTube also hosts videos that are not entirely suitable for children.
For parents who want to protect their children from viewing inappropriate content, the service provides for “Restricted Mode” or, more simply, the parental control function.
YouTube Content Filtering
This mode partially relies on videos marked by other users or instances as “inappropriate for children”, therefore, its activation does not guarantee that children will be fully protected from “adult” content.
How to Set Up YouTube Parental Controls on iPad or iPhone?
Use the instructions below:
- Log in to the YouTube app;
- Click on the profile icon at the top of the screen to enter the account;
- In the menu, select the “Settings”;
- Click on the option “Search Filtering”;
- In the menu that appears, select the “Restricted Mode” option.
- Press the return button (in the form of an X) to confirm the settings.
A large number of YouTube users view content not only on mobile devices, but also on PC’s or laptops. Therefore, it will not be amiss to mention that changing the YouTube settings in the browser does not affect the account itself. That is, you will have to enable the parental control function on each of the devices used.