In addition to such convenient features as file sharing in iCloud Drive, archiving or unzipping files, starting with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, there is another great feature related to the Files application. You can scan documents directly from it and save them in the place you need.
In today’s article I will show you how to scan documents on your iPhone or iPad without third-part iPhone Scan App or other painful tricks.
Scan Documents on iPhone
The new function will save time and effort due to a simple, logical and quick way to scan documents. Here is a quick guide to help you learn how to scan documents directly from the Files app on iOS 13.
Open the Files app on your iPhone or iPad, and then follow these steps to scan a document:
- Click “Browse”;
- Slide the screen down and press the “Three Dots” button;
- Select “Scan Documents”;
- Place the document on the screen and press the button to take a picture;
- Then you can move the borders of the corners to give the scanned document a shape of your choice;
- It remains only to press the button “Retake” or “Keep Scan”;
- If you have another page to scan, then it can be removed in the same way on the next screen.
- After the scan, click “Save”.
Read more: How to Use Guided Access on iOS?
How to Scan on iPad?
As for the iPad, there is an absolutely similar algorithm of actions, do not even worry about it, just do the same actions as described above.
The ability to scan documents directly from the Files app in iOS 13 is an amazing feature. You no longer need to worry about finding a third-party application for scanning documents, and you can save documents in the right place.