In this article, we will learn how to save Word files in PDF format on your Mac, and a few more similar tricks on this formats manipulation.
Table of Contents
Save the Word Document as a PDF on Mac
macOS has a lot of distributions that can work with Word files, such as Microsoft Office, Pages, OpenOffice, etc. Ways of saving in PDF may differ slightly according to the algorithm of actions. But in general, the method is simple, just follow these steps:
- Open File menu, click Save As or Export To. Or, you can also save the file by clicking the Save icon on the ribbon;
- Choose the “Save as” field;
- Enter the file name;
- In the File format field, select PDF;
- Save the file.
In this case we need to convert Word Document to PDF using Google Docs:
- In any browser and log in to your google account. Alternately, click on the “Create” or “Upload Files” buttons, then select your Word file and wait for it to upload to the server;
- After uploading, click on it with the right mouse button and select “Open with” -> “Google Docs”;
- You will be automatically redirected to a new browser tab, where you can start editing Word File using the interactive text editor;
- Check the hyperlinks manually and ensure that they all are work correct;
- When you finish, just click File -> Download as -> PDF Document.
Insert PDF Into Word
This function could be realised only in native Microsoft software for Mac like MS Office.
If you want to insert the contents of a PDF file into a Word file, and not just insert a PDF file as an attachment, it is best to open this PDF document in Word. Word converts the contents of the PDF file into editable text, which you can copy and paste into an Office document:
- On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click the Object button.
- Select the Create from file option;
- Click the Browse button;
- Find the PDF file you want to insert, and click Open;
- Click OK.
In this article, I tried to describe as concisely as possible the basic tricks on manipulating Word and PDF files. I hope the article will be useful to you and you will be able to work more effectively with these formats.