Until recently, tools that allow you to remove a jailbreak from an iPhone without flashing it did not exist. It was necessary to restore the device on the computer through iTunes. If at the time of recovery, the iOS version on your device was different from the current one, the flashing was accompanied by an automatic update.
For owners of the latest iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (or future iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, which we expect to see for presentation tomorrow) with a large margin on performance – this is not a problem. iPhone 4s users with firmware upgrades got a terribly slow iOS device.
To remove the jailbreak from an iPhone without restoring it to your computer:
- Create a backup via iTunes, iCloud;
- Connect your device to the Internet (optimally via Wi-Fi);
- Charge the device by at least 20%;
- Insert SIM card;
- Make sure the device is tied to your Apple ID with the Find iPhone feature (if enabled).
If you decide to remove the jailbreak and would like to return your device to its original state, then you should not miss this article. Just follow this message to learn how to safely shoot iOS 12/11 from your iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6/5s.
Read more: How to Reset your AirPods?
How to Remove Jailbreak iOS 12
If you want to remove the jailbreak iOS 11/12 without restoring the device, follow these steps to achieve it:
- First of all, you need to remove as many settings as possible and please make sure that you do not remove standard/system packages;
- Remove only those packages that you have installed otherwise it may cause problems;
- Restart your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to disable jailbreak;
- Make sure that “Find iPhone” is turned on on your device, and WiFi is turned on.
In this case, the jailbreak files will actually remain on your device, but there will be no jailbreak itself. Later you can install a more stable version of Yalu or wait for the release of a newer version of iOS and a hacking tool, after which you completely remove all remnants of the jailbreak from your device.
As you can see, you can remove the jailbreak from an iPhone and it’s not at all difficult to do. For data recovery, you can use the standard tools of iTunes and iCloud.