Sometimes iPhone owners are faced with the need to enter the device in DFU mode to fix any problems with the operating system. We tell you how to get into DFU mode on iPhone XS, XS Max or XR.
iPhone XS Max DFU Mode
DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode – emergency mode for iPhone firmware via iTunes. It is recommended that advanced users use it for troubleshooting iOS only if other solutions have not helped.
The new generation of iPhone has lost the physical Home button, and with it the process of entering the smartphone into recovery mode has become more complicated.
Important: make sure you use the latest version of iTunes before entering your smartphone in DFU mode. All data will be deleted from the device during the firmware process.
In order to enter iPhone XS or XR in DFU mode, do the following:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer;
- Launch iTunes.
- Press the volume up button and release it.
- Press the volume down button and release it.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the iPhone screen goes blank.
- Without releasing the power button, press and hold both volume buttons for 5 seconds;
- Release the power button and continue to hold the volume buttons;
- A notification appears in iTunes that iPhone is connected in recovery mode;
- Now you can flash the iPhone with an IPSW file or restore it from a backup.
Read more: How to Use .IPSW?
Keep in mind that this way of seeing the device in DFU mode is also relevant for other devices of the X family.