July 7, 2018 happened what fans of “free” iOS have been waiting for so long. Electra hackers have released a publicly accessible jailbreak utility for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models running iOS 11.2-11.3.1. In this manual, we talked about how to use the Electra1131 utility and jailbreak your device on Windows and macOS.
Read more: How to Remove the Jailbreak from iPhone?
How to jailbreak iOS 11.2 – 11.3.1 using Electra1131
Important! Before starting the jailbreak, you need to: turn off Siri and the “Hi Siri” function, turn on “Airplane mode”, and then reboot the device. After booting follow this instruction:
- Download the latest version of the Electra1131 utility on the official website of the program. Important! Be sure to download the utility via the Download (Non Dev Account) link – it is designed specifically for users and does not require a developer account.
- Download Cydia Impactor for Windows or macOS and run it.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 11.2-11.3.1 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Drag the Electra1131.ipa file downloaded in the first step into the Cydia Impactor utility window.
- In the window that opens, enter your Apple ID account information;
- Wait for Cydia Impactor to install the Electra app on the device;
- After the installation is completed (the Electra application will appear on the main screen of the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch) go to the menu Settings -> General -> Profile and click on the line with your Apple ID;
- On the page that opens, click “Trust” and confirm the operation.
- Launch Electra from the main screen and click the Jailbreak button.
After a short wait, the interface will restart on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Jailbreak iOS 11.2-11.3.1 done! A full Cydia tweak store will appear on the main screen, and unsupported tweaks in it will be hidden.
Remember!!! Jailbreak is a very risky activity and everything that is described in this article is for guidance only, you perform all actions at your own peril and risk, and no one except you bears responsibility for them.