If you often have to mess with documents, check other people’s articles, or take notes on your already written works, then you must have repeatedly thought about how to select text in the Pages file. You can select a background color for any selected text – individual characters, words, or entire paragraphs – to create a highlight effect.
In this article, we will look at how you can select text in a document, text blocks, and shapes.
If several people are working on a document, the fragment highlighted by each of them is indicated by a unique color. For instructions on changing the color that you use to highlight text, see Setting the author name and comment color.
How to Highlight Text in Pages for Mac?
- Select the text you want to highlight;
- Press Shift-Command-H on the keyboard.
Read more: How to Save Pages as .DOC or .DOCX?
How to Remove Highlight in Pages
The procedure is the same as described above when selecting text, just do the same with the already highlighted text.
In the end, I would like to make a few remarks:
- The “Insert” button on the external Pages toolbar does not give access to the selection command;
- Remember that the selected fragments are not visible on the printed documents;
- The review toolbar is only displayed if there are comments, highlighting, or tracked changes in the document.