Nowadays, connecting to wireless networks is largely obligatory, especially now, when most Apple computers and Apple gadgets are only equipped with Wi-Fi modules and do not have a wired connection to the network, it is for this reason that proper work with Wi-Fi is a priority. Most often, all connection problems with the Wi-Fi dot end with the error “A connection timeout occurred” or “Failed to join network – a connection timeout occurred” or when your Mac tries to automatically establish a connection to the Wi-Fi point and it fails.
If you still encounter such problems, here are a few solutions.
Troubleshooting described in this article applies to almost any version of macOS and older versions of OS X.
Note: This manual there are items related to the removal of network settings, as a rule, for troubleshooting, you will most likely have to use options such as DHCP or TCP/IP.
How to Fix Problems with “A connection timeout occurred” on your Mac?
- Turn off the Wi-Fi connection from the bar menu;
- Remove any Thunderbolt or USB connected to the computer;
- Create a folder for backup Wi-Fi settings on the desktop or in any place convenient for you;
- Open Finder, then press “Command” + “Shift” + “G” and type in Library/ Preferences/SystemConfiguration/;
- In this directory, copy the following files to the folder we created for the file backup:
- Then in the folder “SystemConfiguration” delete the files that we previously copied to the reserve;
- Reboot the Mac;
- After restarting the computer, enable Wi-Fi in the network connection menu;
- Add a new connection using the “+” icon at the bottom of the menu on the left, select the name for the new network in the menu and select “Done”;
- Now set the authentication and login parameters for the Wi-Fi point and in the future everything should go without complications;
- When everything is done, just click “Apply” and now you can safely work in the network.
When you are convinced that the Wi-Fi connection is stable and you can safely delete the folder with the backup network files without freezing. I hope this article helps you fix problems with Wi-Fi connection.