If iTunes does not see the device connected to the computer without wires, follow these instructions in this article.
Make sure you connect your iPhone or iPad properly via Wi-Fi. If you have not activated the wireless mode of data transfer in the iTunes settings, then there is no question of synchronizing the iPhone or iPad with the computer.
Table of Contents
What to do if iPhone not Showing up on iTunes?
Check these instructions:
- Connect the device to the computer via USB;
- Open iTunes. If required, enter your Apple ID and password to log in to your account;
- Click on the icon of your mobile device in the iTunes window and select “Review” in the sidebar;
- Make sure that the item “Sync with this device via Wi-Fi” in the right part of the window is checked. If not, mark it;
- Click on the button “Done”;
- Disconnect the USB cable and make sure the computer and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
If everything is set up correctly, then after these actions you can start synchronization between devices using the “Sync” button in iTunes. If data is not being shared, try one of the solutions below.
Read more: How to Disable iTunesHelper in macOS?
What to do if the iPhone or iPad does not Sync to Mac
The problem may be caused by an error in the process that makes iTunes work. Try restarting it.
If ahead solution didn’t help, check these instructions:
- Open Finder and make Finder window active;
- Press simultaneously Shift + Command + U;
- Open Activity Monitor in opened window;
- In Search tab, find a process with a name like AppleMobileDeviceHelper and the iTunes Helper;
- Select the found item with the left mouse button click;
- Click on process and use the Quit button;
- Select Quit again;
- Make the same with iTunes Helper process;
- Open iTunes and try to sync device again.
What to do if Nothing Helped
- Reboot the router and reconnect the computer and mobile device to the network;
- Try wireless syncing on your iPhone or iPad. To do this, open the “Settings” -> “General” -> “Sync with iTunes via Wi-Fi” section and click on the computer name that appears;
- Update iOS and iTunes to the latest versions.
- Turn off data transfer over the cellular network and leave Wi-Fi on only, then try synchronizing again;
- Restart your Mac and mobile device, then try synchronizing them again;
If the computer does not recognize the iOS device even through a USB connection, try to find solution in this manual on our site.