iTunes is a proprietary program from Apple, which allows you to synchronize your device with a PC, transfer data to it and save information on your computer. If iPhone not appearing in iTunes, you will not be able to save your contact book or copy new music to your phone.
Let’s analyze in detail what are the causes of the problem, and how to connect the iPhone to iTunes.
Why is My iPhone not Showing up in iTunes
On the Internet, you can find dozens of different ways, half of which are either not relevant to the latest version of iTunes or are too confusing. In fact, everything is solved simply.
First of all, it is necessary to verify the performance of each element:
- USB Hardware. USB-Port
or wire damaged;
- iOS device. Some causes on the device side;
- Computer. The failure of the Apple Mobile Device
or drivers lost could be the causes “iTunes not to see the iPhone”;
- Software. Some causes in iTunes library.
If the primitive measures did not help solve the problem, it’s time to understand the situation in details.
Read more: How to Disable iTunesHelper in macOS?
What to Do if iTunes does not See the iPhone in macOS
- Make sure the device is turned on;
- If the “Trust this computer” warning appears, unlock the device and click “Trust”;
- Disconnect all USB accessories from the computer except the device. Try connecting the device to other USB ports. Then try using another Apple USB cable;
- Restart your computer and your iPhone, iPad or iPod;
- Try connecting your device to another computer. If you experience the same problem on another computer, contact Apple Support.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in restoring iTunes to work. Of course, there are rare exceptions, for example, if the problem lies in the hardware of the devices.