If the malware has changed your usual Safari settings, or you just want to start a new job with a clean web engine, the best option you have no need to reinstall Safari. All you need to fix Safari issues is to clear cache, history or reinstall browser.
Although earlier versions Safari can be reset using the “Reset Safari Settings…”, but this is all in the past and it is not clear why the developers got rid of such a convenient browser cleaning function.
If you do not want to lose important information for you, make sure that you have made backup copies of your data before starting a reset. Once you do this, follow the methods in this guide.
Table of Contents
How to Reissue Safari
One of the simplest ways to reset Safari is to clear its history and web cache.
Clear History in Safari Web Browser
To do this, you can use the built-in functions to help you clear the history of the web engine, website data and cookies:
- Launch Safari;
- Click on the Safari menu in the toolbar at the top of your screen;
- From the drop-down menu, select the Clear History entry;
- Select the desired data deletion time interval and click Clear History.
Read more: Useful Safari Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac
Delete Web Caches in Safari
Clearing Safari web caches is also recommended with a full browser cleanup. Please note that this may not seem as simple as the first method, because it is filled in the development menu of this web engine. Follow these steps:
- Open Safari;
- Click on the Safari menu and select Preferences;
- In the settings window, go to the Advanced section and put a tick next to “Show Development menu in menu bar”. After that Develop panel will appear in the top menu;
- Click on it and select Clear Cache;
- A faster way to clear the cache is to simultaneously press Option + Command + E.
How to Reinstall Safari
If you deleted Safari and you do not have a backup copy of Time Machine or another backup, there is only one way – reinstall macOS to return Safari to the macOS. Reinstalling macOS with this link does not delete data from the computer.
As you can see everything is simple, carefully following the instructions you can easily solve problems with Safari and most likely you will not have to reinstall the system, most often it helps to clear the cache and history that the safari comes to life.