After the release of the well-known and beloved iOS 12.1.3, users began to report OS problems and that the Sprint operator’s bands with support for LTE not working. This situation led to the emergence of many topics in various forums with the question: Why does my sprint iPhone say “No Service”? In this article we will analysed some ways to avoid this iOS 12.1.3 problems with cellular data.
Table of Contents
Fixing Sprint LTE Not Working
Instead, you can see “Searching” or “No network” on the screen. This is especially true for iPhone models 7 and 8, as well as earlier ones – 4, 5 and 6. Try to do next:
Check the SIM Slot
First of all, in such cases, you should make sure that the SIM card is working properly. To do this, you just need to install it in any other iPhone.
Second, try to force a reboot of the device:
- For old devices, this is holding the Home Button and the Power Button;
- For devices without a Home button, holding down the Power Button and Volume Down Button.
Update iOS on iPhone and iPad to the Latest Version
I know that many users do not intentionally update their devices to the latest versions in order to avoid iOS slowdown. In this situation, the old version of the software can really cause errors in the operation of Cellular systems.
Switch from LTE to 3G
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad;
- Select Cellular -> Cellular Data Options;
- Click and Disable LTE.
Contact to the Operator
Problems with the operator or account may affect the quality of service. Contact your operator to:
- Check activity and status of the account;
- Find out if there are any interruptions in work in your area;
- Check if cellular services are blocked for your device and if the data transfer rate is selected correctly.
Only the mobile operator has access to your account data and the ability to manage it. If you can’t find the page for the mobile operator’s support service, read the article on mobile operator support or use any search engine on the Internet.