Have you already lost your AirPod or even both? I suggest using the mobile application “Find My” to find them.
AirPods are very small and, as expected even before they appeared, they will be easy to lose and impossible to imagine life without them. This is an unavoidable situation that happens when you “cut” the cord from the already small headphones. They are very light and, if you forget to put them in a special charging case, you can long and desperately look for them for more than one hour. For example, I twice forgot them in the gym.
Fortunately, if you have already updated your software and also installed the “Find My” mobile application from the App Store, then you have the opportunity to find them when they are near you and are within the Bluetooth range.
Table of Contents
Looking for AirPods
Starting with iOS 10.3, Apple’s mobile operating system has a new Find AirPods mode, which allows you to locate AirPods.
This function will prove to be very useful in the event of a loss of a headset or in a situation when one of the headphones is lost in the middle of somewhere at home and you cannot find it:
- Open the application “Find My”;
- In the list of devices, select AirPods;
- The map will display data on the last location of the headset;
- If the AirPods card is circled in gray, then the headphones are not connected to any device and you have to go back and look for them on the spot.
How to Search for Find My AirPods Using a Beep?
If AirPods are displayed in a green circle on the map, this means that the headset is connected to one of the devices. In this case:
- Click the Actions button at the bottom of the screen;
- When you click the Play button, the AirPods headphones will start to make a piercing sound, which will facilitate the search;
- On the bottom panel of the application, you can activate the sound of the left and right earphones at the same time or mute any speaker if only one of them is lost.
AirPods Serial Number
If AirPods are connected to your iOS device, you can also see the serial number in Settings -> General -> About this device -> AirPods.
If you don’t have a charging case, but the original packaging was preserved, look for the serial number next to the barcode. The serial number is also indicated on the original box or invoice for this product.
Apple did not provide details about the new feature, so the principle of its operation can only be guessed at. Since AirPods connect to the gadget via Bluetooth, when the connection is disconnected, the iPhone will save the GPS coordinates of the place where the disconnection occurred. This is the only possible way to find a gadget.
Read more: How to Change AirPods Controls Settings?
In reality, Find AirPods does not display the exact location of the headphones, but the location coordinates of the last time the headset was connected to the iPhone. If the headphones are not in the hands of thieves, there is a high probability that the device is in the same place where it was lost.