Let’s figure out how to properly roll back iOS on iPhone to a previous version of the operating system. In the article I will consider a specific example of versions, but this is also true for newer iOS. This article is suitable for all iPhone 11 models up to iPhone 6S on iOS 13.
Please note! On older versions, the menu items and hardware support specified in the article may or may not be present.
Apple allows downgrade the iOS version of the firmware for different iPhones, you can check it on the IPSW.me website and return the old version of the software.
Reasons for Downgrade iOS
For users, the reasons for rolling back to a later version of the iOS system can be completely different. Some may be unhappy with the visual changes in the design of the interface of Apple gadgets, which change in some details with each update.
Read more: How to Use .IPSW?
Others want the same stability in the device after the update. Problems began to be noticed by users who upgraded to the version of iOS 13 on the iPhone 13. Even in iOS 13 there are new system items in the menu that seem superfluous to users.
How to Downgrade iPhone?
What to do to restore the firmware:
- Go to the ipsw.me website and download the latest stable firmware version for your device;
- Connect the smartphone to the computer;
- Launch the iTunes and and choose the connected device;
- Hold down the Shift key (on Windows) or Option (on macOS) and click Update;
- Select the downloaded iOS 12 firmware file and wait for the process to complete.
iOS 12 is impressive in speed and battery life, so this instruction is likely to be used only by those who are experiencing serious problems after the update. Moreover, even on older devices, the new OS behaves stably.