The other day, the official release of the new iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 starts. Despite this, many have already tried the new operating systems on their devices in iOS 13 beta testing for developers. As always, the update was installed not only by professionals, but also by thousands of ordinary users who want to quickly test new system features.
Of course, in addition to a large number of innovations, the first beta version also contains many bugs, because of which the system can not be called stable.
Important iOS Downgrade Information
When downgrading to iOS 12, you will not be able to use the backup that was made on iOS 13 beta. You can restore data from a backup of iOS 12. If you do not have such a backup, then you need to manually save all the photos and other necessary information before rolling back.
Read more: Should I Install iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 Beta?
Please note that the downgrade process includes the complete deletion of data. Further data recovery from a compatible backup may take a long time.
How to Uninstall iOS 13 beta to iOS 12.3
If you installed iOS 13 beta on your device and want to roll back to iOS 12 or iOS 12.4.1, follow the simple instructions below: it takes a little time, a computer and a USB-A/USB-C — Lightning cable. Let’s get started:
- Download the firmware file: select the desired section (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch), click on the model of your device and download iOS 12 version;
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer using the supplied USB cable and open iTunes;
- Now you need to put the device into Recovery mode (DFU). If you are the owner of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus or iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, then read this guide. For iPhone X series the manipulations is almost the same;
- Press and hold the “Option” key on a Mac computer or the Shift key on a Windows computer, and then select “Restore iPhone …”;
- In the window that appears, specify the path to the previously downloaded iOS 12 firmware file. * IPSW;
- Select “Restore and update” and follow the instructions on the screen;
- iTunes will check the firmware file and install it on the device. The process will take about 10 minutes.
You can exhale! After completing the rollback process, the device displays a greeting message, then after completing the system setup process, you can restore data on the device from a backup or configure the system from scratch.