Any device running on the iOS platform, immediately after connecting to the iTunes service, begins to synchronize data. Maybe someone finds it convenient, but most users are annoying such arbitrariness. Fortunately, in this article I will explain how to turn off automatic syncing iTunes and you don’t need to be an “advanced” user to use them.
How to Turn Off Auto Sync on iTunes for One Device
The first method allows you to disable self-synchronization with iTunes for a single device, such as an iPhone, while any other device can work with the program as usual, in automatic mode. To do this, you need to:
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your computer via USB. Of course, the automatic synchronization will start immediately after this;
- In the iTunes window, click on the image of your device under the buttons of the player, closer to the left side of the screen;
- Immediately after this, you will find yourself in the “Summary” tab, where you can see a wide variety of information about your iPhone or iPad, ranging from memory and serial number to the software version;
- Here you need to uncheck the box “Automatically syncing when this iPhone, iPad, iPod is connected” in the section called “Options”;
- After that, you just need to select “Apply” to make the changes take effect.
Now you can disconnect the device and reconnect to make sure that you still managed to disable automatic syncing with iTunes. It must be remembered that the setting is valid only for one smartphone or tablet, the one that was connected to the computer at the time of changing the settings. To disable automatic synchronization on another device, you will have to do the described manipulations with it.
Read more: How to Fix “iPhone Not in iTunes”?
Disable Automatic Synchronization of all Devices
Another more radical method is to prohibit any unauthorized user synchronization. To activate this mode, you need to:
- Run iTunes and select “iTunes” in the menu bar, and then a submenu with the heading “Preferences”;
- In “Preferences” we find “Devices” and make active the menu item “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically iTunes is not paired with any Remotes”.
That’s all – now you can be completely sure that when you connect the iPhone or iPad will not start syncing without your knowledge. But keep in mind that such a disable has a negative side – you risk your information. With automatic synchronization, your intervention was not required, but now you have to synchronize the device yourself from time to time.