The gaming platform Steam offers its users more than 10 thousand licensed games and DLC. On the one hand, this is good, as there is plenty to choose from. On the other hand, almost half of the content is little-known, low-budget indie games that not everyone will like. Such content is often found in the Steam library, after buying a set of games at a discount and in general, the gamer simply does not need it. Therefore, in the framework of this article I will consider the question: “How to uninstall the game from Steam on Mac?”
Today I will tell you how to uninstall Steam games on Mac, but this guide almost will be the same for computers with Windows and Linux.
Deleting Steam games is more difficult than uninstalling regular Mac programs, because they are not stored in the program folder. But everything is not too complicated. To remove the game from Steam, you need to open the program itself.
How to Uninstall Steam Games on Mac, Windows and Linux?
Below I will tell you how to remove Steam games from your computer to free up disk space. This will delete the game locally, but not from the Steam account:
- Open the Steam app;
- Go to the “Library” tab in the top menu and find the game you want to delete;
- Click on the game with the right mouse button (or left mouse button + Control key);
- Select “Uninstall” from the menu that appears.
- Confirm your action by clicking “Delete”;
- Wait for the uninstall process to complete.
- You can repeat this process with all the games you want to delete.
When you delete a game that weighs a lot, you will first see the inscription “Delete” next to its name in the Library, and then it will disappear. The method works on all platforms with which the Steam program is compatible: macOS/OS X, Windows, Linux.