What are cookies? Cookies, they are cookies – this is the most common text-formatted file that stores data about the preferences of the visitor, his login and password from the “web resource”, as well as data about the settings.
In other words, a cookie is a file that contains data about the login and password from a specific site, the appearance of the portal and other technical settings created to ensure more convenient use of the Internet and stored on the user’s device.
Table of Contents
Clear Specific Cookies Chrome
There are several ways to clean cookies in Chrome browser – their difference is insignificant, but for the convenience of users, most convenient way will be described below.
Remember that clearing cookies in Chrome will entail deleting not only various data about site settings, but also data responsible for fast authentication (logins and passwords).
Chrome Delete Specific Cookie
To delete all cookies you need:
- Go to the “Settings” browser by clicking on the icon in the form of “three vertical dots”;
- Scroll the page to the bottom and click on the words More Tools;
- In the section titled “Clear browsing data…” button and click on it;
- Uncheck all the checkboxes, leave only opposite the line “Cookies and other site data”;
- Select the period for which you want to delete cookies, and click “Clear data”.
Clear Chrome Extension
By the way, I do not recommend you to store passwords in the browser. For convenient storage of passwords and filling out the necessary forms, it is better to use some service such as alternative Chrome Extensions.
I apologize for such a “short” post, but I wanted you to be able not only to clean the cookies and cache in the browser, but also to know what is stored in them and why they are needed.