Is the video too long to be sent via the Mail or Messages program? Perhaps you want to share with your friends and family only part of the video. Using the Photo app, you can change the start and end times to make the video shorter.
Many users are wondering: “Can I crop a video on iPhone?”, so in this article, I’ll show you how to crop a video using the regular “Photos” application on iPhone and iPad.
To trim the video, you must install the free iMovie program, which copes with video editing perfectly, completely forgetting about the “Photo”. The full-time iOS viewer has a great tool, perfect for our task.
How to Crop a Video in iMovie?
There is absolutely nothing complicated about crop a video in iMovie, just follow this instruction:
- Open the “Photos”;
- In the “Albums” tab, go to the “Video” folder or find the video in another convenient way;
- Open the video and in the upper right corner click the “Edit” button;
- At the bottom of the display there will be a storyboard, and in the right and left corner of the arrow, which can be dragged, to reduce or increase the length of the video. When you start working with them, the tape will turn yellow. If necessary, you can reproduce the resulting plot;
- Press the “Finish” button and select the action “Trim Original” or “Save as New”;
- Be careful with the first paragraph, because if you incorrectly crop the video, you can lose valuable frames. Where it is better to save “as new”, and delete the original separately. So it will still be stored in the basket for 30 days;
With each subsequent release of iOS, Apple is implementing a new functionality, thanks to which we can abandon many free and paid analogues from the App Store, content with regular applications.