iPhone and iPad are capable of shooting videos with incredibly high resolution in 4K, 1080p and 720p, and although they look amazing, they also weigh a lot.
Of course, you can always change the resolution of video recording, but this is extremely inconvenient, and you can also compress ready-made files, thereby reducing the memory that they occupy at times. File compression is a very effective approach and in this article I will tell you how to implement all this on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Compress Video Files on iPhone and iPad Using Video Compress?
Unfortunately this feature is not built-in on iOS, so we need a free application that does a good job.
Read more: How to Reduce JPG File Size on Mac?
The application takes the finished video file and compresses it. If you want to initially record video with a lower resolution, you can change it in the settings. We will use the Video Compress application.
Next, I described the steps by which you can easily compress video with a very high resolution. Of course, the video quality is lost, but you can control this by adjusting the slider as you like:
- Download Video Compress in the App Store, it is free and works on iPhone and iPad;
- Launch the application and click Red Button;
- Select the video you want to compress;
- On the preview screen, click “Select” to open the video;
- Use the slider at the bottom of the screen to adjust the file size. The left you move the slider, the smaller the file will be;
- When you are satisfied with the selected size, click “Save” in the upper right corner of the screen;
- Video Compressor will begin to compress the file. This may take some time depending on the initial size of the video file;
- The compressed video will be saved in the Photos application.
I believe that the ability to compress video should be supplemented with the general functionality of iOS so that users do not have to install third-party applications. Perhaps this will happen soon, for example in iOS 14.