A six-digit lock password is more reliable than a four-digit password. On the other hand, if you are not a prime minister, you are unlikely to store sensitive data of national importance on your iPhone or iPad. In this manual, I’ll show you how to set or change a lock password.
Setting Password on iPhone
Probably, the article will be especially relevant for owners of devices without a Touch ID scanner, who have to enter a password each time to unlock the screen. Nevertheless, owners of all iOS smartphones and tablets can take simple steps.
Read more: How to Reset Password on iPhone or iPad?
Change iPhone Passcode
- To change the password code, open the Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode. To do this, you need to enter the current combination of numbers, so be sure to remember it;
- Find the option “Change Passcode” and enter the current four or six-digit combination of numbers again;
- When the device asks you enter a new password, don’t need to hurry;
- Click “Passcode Options” above the numeric keypad;
- To set a four-digit combination, select the “4-digit code” or “6-digit” option and enter the new password twice;
- After a few seconds, the changes will take effect, and you will return to the Touch ID and password code settings page.
Remember or write down the new combination – after changing the password, you will automatically enter the old one for several days.