Not so long ago, owners of Apple AirPods wireless headphones had a minimum of commands to control the accessory – Siri launched on a double-tap on the left and right headphone, turned on and off the music. But with the release of iOS 11, the list of available actions has expanded significantly. In this article I will show you how to change controls action on your AirPods.
Available AirPods Controls
Double-tapping the AirPods earphone now causes one of the following actions:
- Siri activation;
- Next song;
- Previous song;
- Disconnect the headphones.
Changing Apple AirPods Controls
First, make sure your AirPods are connected to your iPhone. This is very important – without a connection you will not see the necessary option in the settings.
Read more: How to Turn AirPods Into a Hearing Aid?
So just put on your AirPods and wait for the sound notifying you to connect to your smartphone and do the following:
- After AirPods are connected, go to Settings -> Bluetooth;
- Next, click on the (i) icon next to AirPods;
- In the menu that opens, you will be prompted to select a double-tap action for the left and right headphones;
- Done! Now it’s even more convenient to control your headphones.
Lastly, I want to share useful advice with you. After the next iOS update on your device, look in the AirPods settings section – Apple will certainly continue to add new gesture commands to the system.