Sometimes it happens that for one reason or another you need to call somewhere from a hidden number, and users do not know how to do it on their phone model. Due to the great popularity of Apple’s phones, many people are interested in the question about it and it usually sounds like this – can I hide a phone number on an iPhone and how can I do it?
Yes, of course you can, the iPhone has the function of hiding the phone number. And how to do this will tell this little instruction.
How to Make a Private Call on iPhone
In order to hide the phone number on the iPhone just go to the menu to make there some simple steps:
- First of all, open the phone settings by clicking on the corresponding icon on the screen that says “Settings”;
- In the menu that opens, scroll down a bit and find the phone settings, i.e. item called “Phone” and click on it;
- Next thing in the “Phone” menu, find and open the settings for displaying a mobile phone number, i.e. an item called “Show My Caller ID”;
- And the last thing, if you want to disable the function of displaying the number on your iPhone, move the slider;
- If you want to disable the function of hiding numbers on the iPhone, move the slider back. Thus, you can both enable and remove the hidden number on your iPhone.
- After that, you can call someone, and the subscriber on the other side of the tube will see “Hidden”.
Unfortunately, this useful feature of the phone is distributed only to calls, in SMS messages the number will be shown as before. This method helps to make a call even if for some reason you were blocked caller ID by the user.
However, it is worth considering that this setting also depends on the cellular operator. For some operators, you will need to additionally activate the Anti-AON service, SuperAON or similar, while for others this function works immediately without additional services. In any case, after hiding the number, it is worth checking the success of your event by calling a friend or on another phone.
That’s all, now you know how to make a number on your iPhone hidden just in a few taps on the screen.