For people who are not used to spending a lot of time on computers, it can be a pain to figure out how to do tasks that are not so complicated in practice. One of these things can be simply downloading one or multiple photos from your iCloud to your Mac or Windows PC. It is worth mentioning that Apple has given us a way to accomplish this download with their Photos app on the Mac, iPhone or iPad but then again, for people who do not delve deep into their devices, it is a difficult and sometimes a complicated course of action.
This guide will enable you to download photos from your iCloud to your Mac or Windows PC in a simple and easy way if you follow the steps given in the subheadings below correctly.
How to Download Photos from iCloud to Mac OSX or Windows PC
This section will focus on downloading an individual photo to your PC regardless of the platform you are running. Be it Mac, Windows or even Linux; following these steps will get you what you want.
- The first step is to open any browser and open a non-incognito tab. There, visit iCloud.com and log in your Apple ID.
- Click on the “Photos” icon. This will lead you to your Photo library on the iCloud.
- Select the picture you want to download and then click the download icon in the top right corner of the page. The icon will be represented as a cloud with an arrow.
- The full resolution photo will then end up in your Downloads folder by default. You can specify a path if you want to download somewhere else as well.
How can I Download All Photos from iCloud?
Now, the above method is great for downloading pictures in their respective resolution. The problem is that you have to do it individually for each picture; there is no bulk “transaction” like a “Select All” or “Download All” option. There is a way you can download multiples, however, follow the steps below.
- Visit iCloud.com on your browser and log in to your Apple account.
- Go to Photos but this time; choose the “All Photos” album.
- Press and hold WIN/COMMAND key and click on the pictures in the album, what you
- Keeping the selection intact, click the blue “Download” button at the top of the iCloud Photos bar. Confirm that you want to download the photos and all of them will go to your default download destination.
How do I Download All Photos on my Windows PC?
Windows users require the need for additional software to have more control over their iCloud Photo library. The steps they need to follow are given below:
- First and foremost they need to have the iCloud sync software installed and set up. They can obtain it on Apple’s official website.
- Open the Windows File Explorer, look for the “iCloud Photos” option and then select it. Go to the navigation bar on the same window and click the option that says “Download Photos and videos”.
- You will be asked to enter the date or year of when the pictures were taken. Select the respective time period or if you just want to download all of the pictures, select all the year.
- The iCloud sync software will download the photos to the destination folder.